Sunday, February 17, 2008

Countdown to not-Ben

One of the downsides to living 3,000 miles from my family in Maine is that I only see them once or twice a year. This wasn't a huge deal until my little sister started having kids. I see Charles and Noah in time-lapse like intervals. One visit they can barely speak, the next they can recite facts about dinosaurs all night. Charles is now almost 7 1/2 and Noah is approaching 6. Even more rapidly approaching is their player-to-be-named-later little brother, who's official due date is tomorrow. Much to Jen's discomfort, he seems to be a bit reluctant to leave a nice warm studio apartment and start experience the delightfully harsh Maine winter they are having this year. Jen's boys have been notoriously large. Charles was over 10 lbs and I think Noah was on the high side of 9 lbs. When I told my mother that one of friends here in Phoenix had a 5 lb 14 oz girl last week, her comment was "That's not even a keeper for Jen." As usual, this baby is about two weeks or so ahead of the average, so Jen's afraid to sneeze at this point.

I'm hoping to make it up this spring for my 20th high school reunion or at the very least some other time so I can meet my new nephew. With any luck, he'll have a name by then. :)

No comments: