Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Cinnamon Rolls


Tara's had a lot of luck with The Pioneer Woman's recipes, so I wanted to give one a shot. Her cinnamon rolls looked really good so I decided to make those. Her recipe apparently feeds a small army, so I quartered it. I made the dough last night and cooked them up this afternoon after work. It worked out to two aluminum cake pans worth. The icing is really good, with a maple flavor. Her recipe for icing called for a whole bag of powdered sugar, but I used 8oz by weight and used half the quantities of the other icing ingredients.

For the rolls, this is what I used for each of her steps:

1 cup milk
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1/4 cup sugar
--
1/2 package active dry yeast
--
2 cups flour
----
1/4 cup flour
1/4 heaping tsp baking powder
1/4 scant tsp baking soda
1/4 heaping tbl salt

The butter, sugar, and cinnamon for the filling aren't measured, so I just used a generous coating of each.

For the icing:
8 oz by weight powdered sugar
1 teaspoon maple flavoring
1/4 cup milk
1/8 cup melted butter
1/8 cup brewed coffee
pinch salt

No comments: