Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Miserable failure

I've been baking cookies for almost 20 years. In all that time, I've never made a bad batch of Mexican Wedding Cakes. Until tonight. Tara asked me to make some for some gift baskets she's giving out at work. I made the dough and put it in the fridge. It tasted normal. While it was chilling, I made some chocolate chip cookies. They came out good. After I finished them, I started on the wedding cakes. I followed my normal procedures, but for some reason the cookies spread out a bit more and were too crisp. They also taste horrible. I'm somewhat at a loss as to what happened, as I'm very anal when it comes to making my cookies. They aren't even merely subpar so that we can eat them at home. They have an odd taste to them. So back to the drawing board. I'll try them again tomorrow night.

UPDATE: After speaking with my Mother today, I realized that I'd used double the amount of powdered sugar. Apparently I can't follow my own recipes. Oops.

No comments: